First exhibited at the 1876 Philadelphia Centennial Exposition, Madison’s Broadway fountain was produced
by the James, Kirkland & Company of Morrisania, New York. It was presented to the town by the
International Order of Odd Fellows in the late 19th century. Later it was recast in bronze. It has been
refurbished several times.
There are a limited number of park benches and picnic tables available,
which are more likely to be available when there is no festival or event. Nevertheless,
this is a nice area to take a break in good weather.